The Memorial Committee will be offering scholarships to deserving and qualified students planning to attend a 2 or 4-year-college or university next year.
- One or more $500 scholarships will be awarded from the Church Scholarship Funds. The number of scholarships vary each year and are determined by the amount of money in the scholarship fund at the time the applications are reviewed in April. Contributions to this fund can be made at any time during the year.
- The $1,000 Marion B. Marsh Memorial Scholarship will be given to a person entering the freshman year.
- The Barbara J. Rodgers Memorial Scholarship of with a minimum of $1,000 and a maximum of $5,000 will be given to a full-time student who has completed the freshman year and is planning to continue his/her undergraduate, graduate, or post-graduate studies at an accredited college of university, majoring in a religious vocation or education vocation. Priority will be given to a prior recipient of the Barbara J. Rodgers Memorial Scholarship. If no applicant meets the criteria, the scholarship will not be awarded.
- The Midge Hartsuch Memorial Scholarship of $500 will be given to a student who will be attending Kishwaukee Community College in Malta. If no applicant meets the criteria, the scholarship will not be awarded.
- The Karen S. Palm-Hale-Hagen Nursing Memorial United Methodist Endowed Scholarship, based on funds in the account, with the minimum of $500 will be awarded to one high school senior declaring “Nursing” as their college major or an active college student pursuing a nursing degree each year for their dedication to serving others in the surrounding Sycamore/DeKalb communities. If no applicant meets the criteria, the scholarship will not be awarded. (NOTE: The criteria and application for this scholarship is different from the Sycamore United Methodist Church Scholarship criteria and application.)
Applications and criteria are available in the church office and online at www.sycamoreumc.org/Scholarships. The application needs to be completed and returned to the church office by March 31, 2023. Be sure to use the 2023 scholarship applications to be considered for a scholarship. The scholarships will be awarded in June.